Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Who you really are

For the hurting, discouraged, or lonely heart...

I write this for you.

I know how it feels to be left out of stuff.

Yes, it’s rough when everyone was invited to that event except for you. It’s terrible to know you're drifting apart from one of your closest friends. It’s hard to not feel accepted by the people or peers around you. It’s no fun to experience these things, and I will be the first to admit that. I’ve been there. We all desire to be accepted…to be loved…to be wanted.

But recently I’ve been thinking. Even if people 
are ignoring and leaving me out, even if they are having fun without asking me to join in, if they aren’t accepting me...

God accepts me.
God doesn’t ignore me.
God loves me.
God wants me.
God cares for me.

Even though it may seem the entire world is against you, you can rest assured of this fact…let me make sure you don’t miss it…

God is for you.

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 
Romans 8:31, 38-39

God is behind us, supporting us, helping us! Because He sent His Son to completely change us and save us, we can claim the truth He offers in His Word. I want to share seven of these truths with you today, because maybe you’re feeling inadequate. You’re thinking, “No one really cares for me… so I guess I’m just pretty much worthless.” My dear friend, if you are a child of the Heavenly King, then this kind of thinking is nothing more than lies from the devil himself. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life, and what He says about you and your identity is what is true, not what the devil wants you to believe.

Without further ado, here are seven truths of the child of God that He wants you to believe…because they are true.

#1: You are forgiven.

The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger forever. He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him. As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. 
Psalm 103:8-12

Other verses that support this truth: Isaiah 1:18, Acts 10:43, Romans 8:1, Ephesians 1:7-10, Colossians 1:13-14, 1 John 1:9.

#2: You are free from the bondage of sin.

Knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin. Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him. 
Romans 6:6-8

Other verses that support this truth: Psalm 118:5, John 8:36, 2 Corinthians 3:17, Galatians 5:1, Galatians 5:13, 1 Peter 2:16.

#3: You have hope because of Jesus.

This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil, where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek. 
Hebrews 6:19-20

Other verses that support this truth: Psalm 25:3, Psalm 71:5, Proverbs 23:18, Lamentations 3:25, Romans 5:1-5, 2 Corinthians 3:12, Hebrews 10:23, 1 Peter 1:3-4.

#4: You are loved beyond comprehension.  

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 
Romans 8:35, 37-39

Other verses that support this truth: Psalm 86:15, Jeremiah 31:3, Zephaniah 3:16, John 3:16, Romans 5:8, Ephesians 2:4-5,  1 John 4:9-11, 19.

#5: Your life has a purpose.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 
Jeremiah 29:11

Other verses that support this truth: Proverbs 16:9, Isaiah 43:7, Jeremiah 1:5, Matthew 28:19-20, John 15:16, Romans 8:28, Ephesians 2:10.

#6: You are valuable.

But Zion said, The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me. 
Isaiah 49:14-16

Other verses that support this truth: Genesis 1:27, Job 33:4, Psalm 17:8, Psalm 139:13-15, Luke 12:6-7, John 3:16, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, 2 Corinthians 3:5, Titus 3:4-7, 1 Peter 1:18-19.

#7: You have a forever friend.

…For he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. 
Hebrews 13:5a-6

Other verses that support this truth: Deuteronomy 31:6, Joshua 1:9, Psalm 27, Psalm 73:23-26, Psalm 91, Proverbs 18:24, Isaiah 41:10-13, 1 Peter 5:7.

So yes…you do matter. You are important. You are created in the very image of God, and His love for you will never, ever, end. Jesus is always with you. Cling to Him. It's when you're weak that He is shown to be strong. Rest on Him, and never give up.

In reality, all that matters is being right before the Lord. That is what life's about - Him. He's the only reason you even exist. What a joy and comfort it is to know that you are 100% loved, accepted, and cherished by your Creator!


The verses I shared are not an exhaustive list, but just a handful of ones, since I couldn't share them all here. ;) May the Lord use the ones I selected to encourage your heart today. Remember who you are in Christ, friend!


Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  
Hebrews 12:1-2

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.  
1 Timothy 6:12 

10 comments:

  1. This was beautiful, Rachy! You have such a lovely heart <3 thank you for sharing, dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet friend! <3 Glory to God <3

      Delete
  2. This is an awesome reminder! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and thank you, CB! :)

      Delete
  3. So good and so true! And it's easy to forget God's great love when you're in the thick of loneliness, so thanks for reminding us of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this Rachel! The verses you gave really spoke to my heart. What a good reminder, even when we're not feeling lonely or discouraged! May we always live according to the truths of the Word of God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Kyle! Yes, I'm so thankful that we have such a solid foundation of truth whereby to order our lives from. Blessings!

      Delete
  5. So encouraging Rachel! Thanks for the wonderful post filled with lots of verses. :)

    ReplyDelete